Sunday, April 13, 2008

One of Life's Rare, Perfect, and Unforgettable Times


There are few perfect moments in life, and when they do come, you never forget them. When everyone came together to celebrate the marriage of Chris and Laura, there were too many perfect moments to count. When Laura and Chris spoke their personal wedding vows it was one of the most unforgettable and beautiful moments an audience of family and friends could ever hope to witness. One thing the pictures don't show is Laura wearing Grandma Larson's wedding rings as something old and borrowed. Or that Emily, in spite of what the pictures seem to indicate, was the lucky bouquet catcher! Or the fact that upon meeting Jim's new wife, and hearing her talk about our Mom, we found she was a very nice person and someone who is welcome to the family. Laura personally invited Grandpa Larson and Mai, and Van and Irene, and we were all so delighted they came to share this special family time, also Brian Gaskill, who came from Arkansas. Laura and Chris lit a candle in remembrance of those who are no longer with us, and I am sure more than a few thoughts were on those who couldn't be there for various reasons, but it sure was one great reunion for others. And now, the pictures.....! Don't forget to click to enlarge.
(Note: spacing problems with the pictures seem to be a blog-related glitch.)



































































































































































































































































































































8 comments:

bunnyjo georg said...

Mom, I am so blessed, I am sitting here at work when I should be working, tears running down my face with joy and sheer gratitude for how everyone did so much to help us have the best night of our lives. I can't tell you what it means to me to scroll through these pictures and see the joy and pleasure and fun and love that everyone was experiencing that night. You got some wonderful, wonderful pictures and I am so glad because we just didn't get any pictures of the beginning of the reception and I love being able to see some of the best moments got caught on film! I'm so excited, I can't wait to download them and get them printed! Thank you, mom, with all my heart.

Roo said...

Beautiful

Ray Veen said...

Jolly good, Mum.

Ray Veen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
VeeFlower said...

Bunnyjo, thank you for your wonderful comment. For once in my life, no one shooed me away when I ran around with my camera. I am so glad I got some good pictures for you. I was hoping when you saw them you would be pleased. I look at them everyday (except several days recently when the internet wasn't working!) I am happy I could be part of this memorable day. I thank God for Chris and the happiness he has brought to your life and the girl's lives. It's more than I ever dreamed or hoped for, and all I ever prayed for.

pixiegirl10 said...

notabeneI like the pics of mom throwing the bocay but you didn't show who caught it I think you may know her blue dress, high heels,and blond hair!

pixiegirl10 said...

oops! iment I like...

pixiegirl10 said...

ooops! Again.