Sunday, October 04, 2009
Was it the horror movies? Or the $20.00 worth of sugary and salty snacks? Or maybe just the chained heat of 5 teens and one tween sitting still for several hours? Whatever the cause, this match was only one of several that Saturday night in September!
Wednesday, September 02, 2009
Sunday, August 02, 2009
These are the pictures that turned out the best. It sure was a good time! We saw a lot of people we know, some we haven't seen in ages, you just never know who will turn up! There are even plans to get together with people and see them again. The band was smokin' hot, and although I didn't get a good crowd picture, the dancers were out in full force, and even sang along with a couple of Val's songs. Good times, good times....
Wednesday, July 08, 2009
Monday, June 22, 2009
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Monday, May 18, 2009
Friday, May 15, 2009
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Friday, April 03, 2009
1. While living in California, I once walked to a Dutch restaurant and ordered a cup of coffee. At that time I took cream and sugar in my coffee. They gave me a fork instead of a spoon and I was so mad and disappointed because I couldn't spoon the sugar out of the container!
2. I went dump-picking as a child, when my Dad would take our monthly load to the dump. I found and ate mints that had a candy coating (wrapped.)
3. I once used a floor tile I found to stick down the front of my tailored shorts to make my tummy appear flatter.
4. My English teacher in 7th grade was really mean. So I wrote a bunch of insults on a paper napkin and when the students filed out of the room, I made sure I was last and stuck it in a file drawer so it hung out. Then I lingered outside the door after she went back in. I heard her crying when she read it.
5. Urged on by a friend, I once ate an already chewed piece of gum that we found frozen to the bottom of a teeter totter. My friend said she would give me two dollars, but she never did!
6. I hid under my sister's bed so I could hear her gossip with her friend. After a while I had to pee, but they were still awake, so I had to pee on myself and the stuff that was under the bed, including a school library book. A few days later when my Mom made us clean our rooms, it was obvious what happened and my sister got blamed for it and got yelled at.
7. I once skipped school in a school bus that was parked in back of a repair shop. My feet got cold so I took those rolled gauze bandages out of the first aid kit, and used it to wrap my feet in and took a nap.
8. My cousin and I were asked to babysit for a neighbor who had a 5-month old baby. It was so pale and ugly, we put mascara on it's eyes.
9. I made this blog post because I lost my good camera and haven't had the desire to take any new pictures with my new camera because the last ones didn't turn out very well. So I lost my photographer's confidence and don't have any cool pics to put on here.
10. I like the smell of rank weeds and muck.
Monday, March 23, 2009
We had an absolutely wonderful time, the wedding went off without a hitch, and the excitement and joy were obvious in every smile and hug! Congratulations to Mike and Margie, who are a great couple, fun to be around and always so good to us. They worked hard to make this day special, not just for themselves, but for all of us, and it couldn't have been better!
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Before I was able to discover all the features and how to use them, I found pillow and food throwing fights going on, got a pop-up that tried to fleece me by telling me someone had a crush on me and someone else thought I was an idiot, and got some bewildering requests....when all I really wanted to do was say "Hi" to a few people and keep in touch! I am still a blogger at heart, but one thing I do like about FB is that it's very current (new messages everyday) and you can keep in touch with more people, not just the ones who are patronizing the blog.