Sunday, February 22, 2009

Facebook Tragedy

Got a great laugh out of this cartoon, as I recently joined Facebook to keep track of the grandkids, and found so many friends and friends of friends. I wonder if I am the only one who feels a little overwhelmed!?

Before I was able to discover all the features and how to use them, I found pillow and food throwing fights going on, got a pop-up that tried to fleece me by telling me someone had a crush on me and someone else thought I was an idiot, and got some bewildering requests....when all I really wanted to do was say "Hi" to a few people and keep in touch! I am still a blogger at heart, but one thing I do like about FB is that it's very current (new messages everyday) and you can keep in touch with more people, not just the ones who are patronizing the blog.
So I do apologize to anyone when I am unresponsive to FB requests, I am mostly a commenter as I don't know how to do much of anything else and have no great desire to learn.

3 comments:

bunnyjo georg said...

Eh, no biggie. I would advise not to get too hooked into it. There's all this weirdo FB ettiquette crap people are touting right now. Besides, Twitter is the new thing so get yourself a Twitter acct and I'll see you there. (JK, not going to Twitter - or tweet as the posts are called ;)

VeeFlower said...

No thanks. Didn't do My Space and not going to do Twitter.

shortensweet said...

isn't it sad that people base their day on whether or not someone adds something to their FB account or request to be their friend? It's nuts. Insane..and goll darnit i heart it!