Monday, June 22, 2009

The Luau!






















Family tradition: When the Squire boys' birthday month rolls around, it's party time. This year Margie and Mike hosted a luau, and if you don't think those grass skirts and bras looked cute on the guys, take a look! ! I would've taken more pictures but there were people there I didn't know very well. Val and I did a royal fire dance for the chieftains (Michigan legal fireworks suck, by the way. They wouldn't even set dune grass on fire...) and we also enjoyed a cozy bonfire outside with sparkly patio lights as a backdrop. Margie made frozen Margaritas, and we had fun telling jokes and scary stories. Oh, did I mention the food? It was great! Kudos to the cooks!


















5 comments:

Ray Veen said...

1. Sorry we missed it.

2. The sparkler-ey picture is awesome.

3. Who is in the pic below it with Jamie -- not Michelle?

4. You should try posting albums to Facebook, then we can comment on the pics individually.

VeeFlower said...

Yeah, that's Michelle. I should have lightened it just a bit, but loved the contrast. I somehow haven't been able to post pictures on my wall...need help. You know how, you should help me!

shortensweet said...

It was a lot of fun. :)

HUBBYMAN said...

I ENJOYED THE EVENING VERY MUCH, TOO!

Roo said...

It looked like a lot of fun. As I recall most of your shindigs were.