Monday, February 05, 2007

Check Out The Ice

Lake Michigan's shores were devoid of ice buildup until just a few days ago. One day I drove down there and the shores were bare. The next time I drove down there, I was absolutely amazed that in just two days time, the ice pack stretched way out from the shore! And the waves are still constantly building up more ice. That means the beaches will be restored by the sand that is trapped in all this built-up ice, which is good news.

On another note, we woke up today to find our driveway and sidewalk had been shoveled out. Someone left a message written on our snow-covered car window, "I (heart) U." Hmmm. Fritz said it was snow angels but I later found out it was Jamie and Dan. So here is a big snow angel hug for saving our backs and tempers. Well, Fritz's anyway, I probably would not have attempted it myself! Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

shortensweet said...

Dan did most of the work. I just told him what to do :)

my nose hair was frozen

rotten dad said...

cool pic VI. I stold it

Unknown said...

That was very sweet and I hope that someday I'll be as great an offspring as Jamie. (thanks for making the rest of us look bad.)