Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Another night with the girlz......


It's not all fun and games at Grandma's. Last week Hailie, Brandie, Grace, and Emily got as dressed up as they could for the cold weather and helped to shovel Aunt Jamie's driveway. They didn't like it at first but then they found out it wasn't so bad. Especially since they got to play on a huge snow mountain across the street. (And fall off of, and get covered in snow from.) Of course that called for some Swiss Miss cocoa at home and some sizzlin' karaoke to keep things warmed up. HMMM, from this picture it looks like Em is doing all the work! Really, there was so much hardened snow and ice chunks, we had to take a hoe to it. The girls did not know what a real hoe was, I am not kidding! And Fritz had to go and shovel some more the next day because not even the energy of four young girls harnessed to shovels could remove all the snow.

5 comments:

shortensweet said...

It was soo sweet of them to come and help out their old aunt j!

Little did they know, I was in Farmington Hills FREAKING about how I was going to get into my driveway. Tney are little angels!

bunnyjo georg said...

Little angels or little devils....just depends on when you catch them!

So, they were all out in the cold shoveling snow and then soon after all started coming down with the flu...hmmm! It is all starting to make sense! ;) Just kidding. It did their lazy old bodies good to do a little old fashioned WORK for once!

VeeFlower said...

I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT! I KNEW I would get blamed!!!!!!!!Crappola! I made sure they weren't out very long. And they had fun. And kids are supposed to go out when it's cold or they do get as delicate as hothouse flowers. My guess is that they got it from school. Good thing you're kidding!

Unknown said...

Hey, we're not sick yet... we should probably avoid all of you until June or so.

It was very sweet of you and the girls to do this for sweatyshorts. It's actually pretty amazing to me that you got my daughter to lift a shovel.

Anonymous said...

I had to bribe H with a red snowmobile suit to even go outdoors, LOL!