Sunday, December 17, 2006

An Old Fashioned Christmas, Circa 1973

It was Christmas 1973. Grandma Larson sent Ray and Laura these clothes, plus some of the presents behind them. They were excited about Christmas and it was so much fun to see the brightness in their eyes when they looked at the tree and the presents. They weren't too young to figure out that good things come in large packages! The next year, they crawled over my sleeping body to take each and every present from under the tree without waking me up. They opened the presents without waking me up. And they played with the presents without waking me up. Including mine. It's true what they say...when you snooze, you lose! It was incomprehensible to me at the time, how they could sneak across me without making a sound. But funneeeee!!!! And another great Christmas memory. Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm planning on sneaking over Cindy's body this Christmas so I can open and play with Chantze's gifts.

It's so cool that he's at an age where I can buy him stuff that I want to play with.

shortensweet said...

what a cute picture.
BRATS!

You forgot to say that Christmas wasn't Christmas until I was born. :)

Dave said...

Will Father Christmas bring B J a computer???

Dave said...

Will Father Christmas bring B J a computer???

VeeFlower said...

Chill, I can't imagine you sneaking over her body! But I can imagine you playing with the toys. When was he never not old enough anyway for you to play with his toys? If memory serves me right, you always played with Hailie's, too! Shortensweet, Christmas is always Christmas, the more the merrier!
davem, I will tell her you inquired get back with you on that.

VeeFlower said...

Davem, BJ said they aren't using the computer because of ongoing discussions and concerns about ground rules. However, she just updated her blog.