Saturday, January 20, 2007

Happy Birthday, Ray!

This picture was taken in our duplex apartment, which we lived in when we lived in Dalton. Ray was 8 or 9, can't quite remember which, but I do remember the SPIDERMAN cake we got him! He just loved it, and so did his friends. The only kids I really recognize are Laura and Jamie behind Ray, and that baby girl looks tantalizingly familar, but I just can't think of who that would have been! Anyway, that was WAY over 20 years ago, but I am not going to say how many. Just that Ray is totting up another year, and as each year goes by, it just keeps getting better and better. I want to say a few words about his latest book, but I will save it for another blog entry. Meanwhile, Happy Birthday Ray, you are so special to this family and we are all very proud of you. Your Mommy loves you!

5 comments:

VeeFlower said...

Okay, I am thinking that the little child is one of Trudi's girls, she looks like Jade.

shortensweet said...

Happy Birthday Bro :)

Dan said he's sorry for spanking you so hard. He thought you were going to punch him.

Also..look, my hair blended with the white curtian.

HUBBYMAN said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RAY!! I REALLY ENJOYED THE DINNER AT YOUR PLACE & THE FUN GAMES WE PLAYED. I HAVE ALWAYS LIEKD WORD GAMES. I WISH YOU HAD BEEN FEELING BETTER & HOPE YOU CAN SOON.

bunnyjo georg said...

Dang, you already figured it out. I recognized her face the minute I saw it - Jade Flaska. I actually remember this birthday really well as the one where I first asked the question, "How come other kids don't like to play with me?" Perhaps that is the reason I am trying to disappear into the curtain in this pic. Ok, self-pathetic wimpering, I know. Thanks to 30 years of vast experience, I now know why the kids didn't want to play with me. Anyhoo, we really enjoyed having you and the kids over yesterday, Ray, and hopefully next time we do it the girls can be there, too. Oh, and we added a little water to the sauce and had some more for dinner. It was mucho better with the water added - not as tomato-ey. Anyway, happy birthday, brother, and hope you have *another* great year!

VeeFlower said...

Bunnyjo, your early maturity made you appear too critical and snobby to other kids. That is what I always thought. So what is your take on it? And by the way, there were kids that liked you but I think they thought you didn't like them. And by the way, I fantasized about killing the hefty old bat who cut your hair that short...I really did want to murder her...she cut it way too short and it took a long time to grow it out. BTW, I am glad you had Ray and family over for dinner.