Saturday, March 03, 2007

Seeing Is Believing

These crocus sprouted up about 5 days ago, on a cool, rainy late winter day. Today, the cool has turned to cold, and to look outside at the blowing snow, you would think we were deep in January. But these bright green harbingers of spring tell me to snuggle in that downy comforter a while longer. Drink diet Swiss Miss with a dash of cinnamon. Turn off the electronics and listen to the wild wind grinding snow against the house. Enjoy it while I can.

1 comment:

VeeFlower said...

I do realize some of you are quite put out by bad weather. So I should amend my paragraph: "This is a sure sign that soon you can put away the mittens, shovels, boots, and won't have to be caught in 4 foot drifts that keep you from getting home! Yea for the crocus, and away with evil winter and all it's inconveniences!"