Saturday, September 20, 2008

Updates

Thank you for your prayers, folks. I have good news and bad news. Sara Sarazen is doing better and is home. It does look like she will enjoy a full recovery and we couldn't be happier about that.

However, sadly, Linda passed away today, her heart failed. Her family, especially Jamie and her dad, could use your good vibes right now. I knew Linda in high school, she was really, really cool and all my friends liked her and looked up to her. The guys were crazy about her, because she was fun to be around, a real great personality. She was in a motorcycle accident when she was still a teen, the guy died, and she was left with some serious injuries. Later in life she had other health problems that were serious. But she loved animals and was always so kind to them, taking in all orphans. Even a duck of ours which we raised from a baby but then couldn't take care of, and a raccoon. She had a very loving heart and it it sad that poor health robbed her of some of the good life she should have had. We are sorry she is gone.

Paige came over today with a monitor to check for heart problems, she just acted like a normal 8 year-old that gets to take a half day off school and spend it with her grandma. I loved spending that time with her and will continue to pray for her health, although right now it she does appear to be doing just fine. The monitor is only a precaution.

I am getting behind on posting my pictures and videos so keep checking, maybe this weekend I can get a few on. Also, I am reading Fiersom's Brood, I would like to read it from cover to cover in one day, but as it is, I think it might take me 3 days.

5 comments:

Ray Veen said...

Fiersom's Brood? I heard that book sucked.

Do you know that Hailie is super devastated right now because she lost her ipod? It is seriously the end of happy.

Weird how bad news comes in clumps, isn't it?

VeeFlower said...

Let those among us whom have never lost an expensive device cast the first stone....OMG....we all know that agony of wondering how we could have not taken better precautions...if it was lost, maybe she could get it back but things like that are big targets for thieves...Poor Baby.

I am so looking forward to going to the beach (with no hangover) and reading to my heart's content. Yes, I did hear the book sucked, but I know the author and I figure I may as well give him a try...LOL.

Ray Veen said...

With regards to Hailie, I don't blame her for being upset. I imagine how I'd feel if I lost something that I use everyday, all the time, something expensive and cost-effectively irreplaceable, something which embodies my greatest loves and interests: my laptop.

If I lost that - I'd literally go into mourning.

Anonymous said...

The weight of things lost changes as life goes on, I remember once I paid $20.00 for the return of a Pool Cue I purchased for about that same amount...it was mine and I wanted it back...not one like it but THAT ONE. Today I would be upset about getting ripped off but I would never go to such lengths again as my nearly constant pool playing days passed years ago and I moved on to other things.
The I-pod meant a great deal to her as with most young adults the magical music box was a nearly constant companion just as my pool cue was for me.
I know the pain of losing a cherished item and it sucks right now but time will heal...and Christmas is not that long from now!

Yoob

VeeFlower said...

It's good to hear from you again Yoob. I once got a silver dollar, a two dollar bill, a gold coin, and some other precious treasures etc for my birthday. I am guessing age 10 or so. I spent one whole day trying to find the perfect hiding place. We had a house and 3 cabins, plus a woodpile and a big woods around our house. I remember going from attic to under the house's foundation, poking my hand inside walls, between bricks, between the isulation and attic ceiling....etc. WEll, I hid the stuff all right, and never found it. Lost it all. I was sick about it. Did I learn my lesson? Heck no. Since then I have lost all kinds of other crap. Two very important manuals that I found such a secure place for, they have never been found. So oh well. From childhood irresponsibility to adult senility, I guess we should never love our possessions so much we can't do without them.