Sunday, November 12, 2006

Another Happy Memory

That's Mom on the left with a hot dog stick. I think...it looks like it, anyway. I am so glad we were able to go to the beach where she loved to kick back in comfortable chair and enjoy family, sunset, water and waves, a cozy fire and once in a while, some awesome illegal fireworks. While it is sad knowing we won't see her again in this life, knowing that Mom enjoyed so many beautiful, simple things in her time is a comfort and a blessing. You can tell just by looking at her how much she enjoyed this. I hope there are hot dogs on the beach in heaven. Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

shortensweet said...

I remember this beach party, it was great.

and that's all I can say because it makes me sorta sad that Grandma won't be here to enjoy any more beach parties.

VeeFlower said...

I try to think of things that make me feel better, like how much fun she had when she came here. But I am sad, too, that there won't be any more in this life with her.

Unknown said...

I remember this day too. The brave swimmers were few. Grandma sure loved it though.

(I've got to start checking your blog manually because my blogroll doesn't always show when you updated for some reason.)