Thursday, November 02, 2006

Perky Debuts on Purple Patch

I found this gem in the basement while looking for Halloween stuff. In an old data planner given to me by Mom I had tucked a number of pictures. The planner was just sitting on a shelf covered with basement dust. Closed, you couldn't tell there was a place to put pictures so I hadn't opened it or even looked at it in years. But something made me thumb through it and I was delighted to find these pictures. There will be more on my blog shortly, so check it, YOU may be in there soon!
The date on some of the photos was 1987. Now who could forget little Perky, the dog that changed Mom's life! We all laughed when she fell in love with Perky because one of her favorite complaints were people who doted on their animals "Like they're HUMAN!" And of course Perky was her darling. I even heard her say more than once, "It's like he's human!" I admit to being jealous of the dog at times. But who could begudge her a baby to love and nurture so far from where she could be with family? He brought her much joy. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

She didn't get mad at me, but I could tell she didn't appreciate the time I let him jump into a nasty, green, plankton-filled creek.

shortensweet said...

When Perky came to visit, it was like having my cousin come over :)

I'm glad she never made me call him Uncle Perky.

Don't forget Princess.