Sunday, November 12, 2006

Last Year

Last Thanksgiving Laura, Grace, and Emily invited Fritz and I over for Thanksgiving dinner. I was told there would be a surprise on the menu, and indeed there was! Grace and Emily were very excited about our trying something so new and unusual. And it was...roast duck! It was excellent. Very succelent, tasty, tender and so different from any Thanksgiving dinner we had ever had. It was so much fun! As you can see, there were a few traditional dishes, too. For Laura and the girls to pull this off in a tiny apartment and a small income to boot was nothing short of amazing. And the very best part is, we got to spend it together. Don't know what is going on this year, but I do hope we get to be with family. Meanwhile, going through my now extensive archives of photos, I remembered this day fondly and thus wanted to share it. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

shortensweet said...

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone. I actually get thanksgiving off, but I'm betting we don't all get together