Sunday, May 14, 2006

Thanks, Mom


Today is Mother's Day and I would like to thank my mother for the way she cares about all of us. She always worries about us, makes sure she keeps in touch so she knows what is going on in our lives, and I know she prays for us because sometimes things work out so well, I know it's God working in my life, and I know it wasn't ME who prayed about it! When we were young, my Mom went to work to support us on a waitress's wages and tips. Once she put all her tips in a little metal safe, and finally was able to buy a new car. There were five of us kids and a sick husband. When he died, she went to work in a shop, and kept things together the best she could. We have grown up with her influence still shaping us in many ways, and it is most obvious in the way we love and take care of our own children. I could write lots more but I just really wanted to say THANKS for everything, and we do appreciate you very much!
I also want to say that my three children and grandchildren treated me very well when we had our Mother's day get-together. There were cards, gifts, hugs, a nice dinner, and they let me win at Balderdash. When we took Jamie to the airport we had a lovely brunch at the Brownstone and Jamie helped pay for it...I told her this already today but want to say this so all can read it: It always seems weird to me to have my kids thank me on Mother's Day. Because my kids have given me so much happiness, pride, and pleasure throughout the years that I feel like I should be thanking them more than they thank me. I honestly don't know what I would have done without them. I thought having kids was the greatest thing in the world. Not that it wasn't very hard at times, but it has always made me happy they are in the world. And now, grandkids!

9 comments:

shortensweet said...

a very verklempt post Mom
:)

Unknown said...

Probably the most beautiful chunk of writing I've ever seen regarding Mother's Day.

Verklempt.

bunnyjo georg said...

I agree! Thanks, mom, for saying what was in our hearts. We love you, Grandma!

Unknown said...

Weird, Jamie and I were typing a comment using the word 'verklempt' at the exact same moment.

What the heck are you doing up at that time of day, girl?

shortensweet said...

I was up for training.

So, if we are thinking the same things at the same time, that must mean I've written some of your books...hmmmm

VeeFlower said...

Well, I was kinda waiting for Granlar to post something on my blog but I guess she isn't going to. So...on to the next one!

HUBBYMAN said...

A slight correction, if I may.... NO ONE _LET_ her win at Balderdash! She EARNED it!!

--YooBee said...

When was this "mothers" day of which you speak?

VeeFlower said...

Yoob, the Mother's day was when I went out to Ray and Cindy's. Laura and Chris stopped by, too. We had sloppy joes and chips and played Balderdash. Jamie came when she got out of work. I made Cindy a picture cd, and they gave me a gift. It was almost a spur of the moment thing, because no one had really made any plans.