Sunday, July 23, 2006

Emma Turns 3!



Saturday was a busy day, but I was able to spend a few moments with one of my favorite neighbors, little Emma! She just turned 3 and had a great backyard party with many of her family and friends. Her new little brother was there, too. The kids were all having a great time. They had balloon hats and got to take a swing at a Spongebob pinata. When asked if she wanted Dora or Spongebob for her birthday theme, Emma picked Spongebob. So I promised to make a Spongebob game for the party. The mouth on the front of the box is cut out so the kids can take turns trying to earn a prize by throwing a sponge in. I didn't get to stay for the game, but from the sounds I heard all the kids were enjoying themselves and the smile on Emma's face tells it all! I saw here go up and hug a little boy her size and tell him, "Come and have some cake!" And she shared her special big piece of cake with another little boy who was even smaller. I am so glad she had such a nice party and has such a loving family.

1 comment:

HUBBYMAN said...

RIGHT YOU ARE, GRANDLAR!! EMMA LOVES TO COME OVER HERE & SEE AUNT VIOLET & GET INTO THE TOY BOX. SHE'S EVEN HELPED VEEFLOWER RAKE LEAVES IN THE YARD!! AND SHE LOVES WATCHING OUR CAT (IF SMOOCHIE MAKES AN APPEARENCE).