Friday, July 07, 2006

Favorite Pictures Category

This is one of my all-time favorite pictures. Of course, I have a few dozen more all-time favorites, which I will put on my blog as time and inclination allow. Taken at the Muskegon County Fairgrounds, I happened to catch a moment of wonder that is shown on the faces of little girl and big horse. Spending time with grandchildren is always the best time. Taking them to a place like the fairgrounds to see some of their favorite animals up close is a lot of fun, too. But I think what makes this picture extra special is the fact that Emily has always loved horses, and this time she got to get right up close, and the awe shows on her face. Maybe I am supplying the imagination, but the horse seems to be just as interested in the little human being held up for his inspection. (The owner assured us this horse was gentle and wouldn't nip.) So come on, let me know, what do you think the horse is thinking?

5 comments:

HUBBYMAN said...

Since little girls are made of "sugar and spice & everything nice," perhaps the horse is thinking "That sure doesn't _look_ like a sugar cube!" (BG)

shortensweet said...

I think the horse is in just as much awe as Emmadoodle is. I bet it was one of the few times in her life she was speachless.

Bless her little pea pickin heart

VeeFlower said...

Good one, Hub. You may be right that he is hoping to find something edible in the situation.
S&S, she was speechless...this will probably never happen again in our lifetime.

--YooBee said...

"If I look scary enough, they won't set it on my back"........"what's that noise?......Oh, I'm peeing on a flat rock"

VeeFlower said...

Whaasa matta, too much Senor Mike tequila? Your guess was way funny, I laughed out loud. Also wheezed, coughed, hacked something up. Keep up the good work.