Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Summer Blonde and Hot Redhead


Lyda and I were the very best of friends in middle school and junior high. Unfortunately, she had to move away before we had a chance to help each other pick out prom dresses or sign each other's yearbooks. Debbie sent me this picture which I just downloaded. It's Lyda and I on a summer day in 1967. I had dyed my hair blonde with Summer Blonde, which was a harsh bleach which made my hair look like a haystack. But who cared. I was 15 and blonde, Lyda was my best friend, she lived in a really cool neighborhood (for the prankish types like us) and we had the whole world to look forward to. Maybe things didn't turn out so well, there were some hard years ahead for us both. But looking at this picture, we had the world by the ying-yang, or at least we thought we did. I hope I remember, when I see my grandkids growing up, how it felt to be young and free and have the whole world to look forward to. And not to step on any dreams.

12 comments:

rotten dad said...

wooooo hooooo nice pic vi ..

Unknown said...

it is a nice pic! you look so different.

--YooBee said...

I the hair was curly I'd swear it was Jamie......I remember when you looked like that, blonde was all the rage ya know..

rotten dad said...

its hard to beleve you were ever that young lol lol lol

shortensweet said...

Nice pic mom..I like seeing you as a kid..it's cute..

rotten dad said...

HOT MOMMA

VeeFlower said...

Yes, it is nice to hear that I USED To look good, but all you younguns, you see what happens if you don't take care of your ba-ha-dee. However, the hair still looks good sometimes, so guess I'll have to be content with that. What is so striking to me about this photo is that my friend Lyda looks so much the same! And that I wore black with jean shorts, just like today.

rotten dad said...

dont ya have a pic when you were a little older waring a fue less garments,,

VeeFlower said...

Yes rotten dad, I have a picture of me when I'm older and have a few less garments....it's an x-ray of my colon, wanna see it?

rotten dad said...

lol

rotten dad said...

I was thinking of something in between. i got some of them pic's of mine also think ill make Christmas card's out of them

HUBBYMAN said...

VEE, SURE YOU LOOK GREAT THEN...BUT EVEN BEETER NOW. I WOULD TRADE MY LOVELY VEEFLOWER FOR THAT PRETTY 15 YEAR AS SHE'S STILL THERE.