Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Uncle Brian Has Returned!
















Note: Blogspot's photo manager is once more malfunctioning so only two pictures on this update....will keep working on publishing a few more pics of our party througout the day.

Chris is still in a neck brace after his surgery and could use a few prayers for healing. His daughter Brandy is 10 and very pretty. The other picture has Bryan A. and Brian G. in it.

In spite of the fact Brian has visited almost every year and therefore knows exactly what it's like, he still came back this year! Yea! So we had a dinner in his honor. Most of the family came and we not only had a nice pork barbecue sandwich/relish tray with both mouth-watering and mouth burning items/a plethora of freshly picked fruit in its washed but otherwise natural state/food items of deliciousness unsurpassed too numerous to mention, but we also fit in a health walk (for the cool people). Did I mention it was the hottest day of the year so far? Good thing we have air conditioning. Brian said he enjoyed it all very much and I know we did, too. So who knows, maybe we can entice him back next year, whaddya think? And by the way, his dance card filled up fast. He has dinner invitations for 3-4 days this week already in addition to the big golf shoot-off coming up Saturday. A yearly tradition...an alpha male friend of ours (also named Bryan) tries every year to beat Uncle Brian at mini-golf. It is a funny-serious game, much bragged about and looked forward to. Chilldaddy is getting in this year, having missed it before due to work or other obligations. So...I'll be there with camera.

Oh, and Brian took us out to dinner Monday night, to Chili's. Our dessert was watching numerous awesome storms come in off Lake Michigan. We also watched the LEX go out to "sea" with brother Yoobie onboard. She really boogied in the rough seas, and on her return trip (sans Mike) lightening struck all around her. But she made it and Yoob reported he never got seasick. A chip off the old block, as our father was a sailor. Other than the power going out almost everywhere, it was a great night of storms.

4 comments:

--YooBee said...

Your right about the Rock-n-Roll Express, lots of sick people on board. The wind was already at 40 MPH as we left the channel, the crew didn't think it wise to have us up top of a pitching and rolling vessel with 80 mph winds so they made us go below until we were about 20 miles from Milwaukee. The sickies were by far the worst part of the trip. The boat moving around didn't bother me at all, I rode it like a horse letting it move under me but me not moving with it.

VeeFlower said...

I KNEW IT! Yikes. I felt sorry for those people as I watched through my binoculars the rolling motion that made the sides go up and down...up and down....up and down...euuuuuuuu! I was on shore and my stomach got queasy. I am really glad that you rode it out. I would have to say you are a true sailor. You could probably even go into outer space and not get space sickness. I am very glad you didn't get sick. You missed some major excitement here. A tree is down in Val's yard, too.

--YooBee said...

OMG, we should go up there this weekend and cut it up for her.

VeeFlower said...

I taped the ten o'clock Kalamazoo news and the eleven o'clock GR news, but neither one had footage of the victim or the rescuers. I did tape it but all you could see was the shoreline where it happened, not any of the people involved. The man did pass away I am sorry to say, apparently he was dropped off down at the beach by relatives, and when they came back they couldn't find him. He was 67 and may have died from other causes. Nothing suspicious though. We'll see what the paper says on Thursday.