Friday, June 30, 2006

Backyard Artists




Chantze, Brooke, and Paige stayed overnight the day after we got back from Wisconsin. We went to the beach which was fun, although the water was quite cold. Then we played miniature golf with Aunt Jamie. She bought them each a huge sparkler, too! Wish I had thought to put new batteries in my camera! The next day we set up a table in the backyard, dusted off some old terra cotta planters I found in the garage, and got out the acrylic paints. They worked hard on them, as you can see. And they turned out so beautiful! Brooke used Monet colors on hers, but she ran off to play before I could get a separate picture of her. Paige's looks like sunshine and blue sky. Chantze used blue polka dots on orange, whimsical and cute. Tonight I am going to put a satin finish on them so they can plant something next time they come over. Viva la summer.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

They were very excited to spend the night at your house. They like how you always have activities and structure for them - meaning they have no activity or structure at our house.

VeeFlower said...

Balance that is what kids need...some unstructure, some structure. I guess that is why God lets grandparents live long after they are useful to society in general. I love having them, did I mention, they were so well-behaved and fun to have around! Perhaps there is some selfishness here, also! :)