Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Tagged and Gagged

Okay, let's play Believe It Or Not! Only some of these incidents are true. Which ones? And by the way, I talk so much about myself that I am sure most of you know which ones are true and which ones aren't.

1. I once cleaned partly wet, partly dry puke off a mattress for ten bucks.
2. There is a birthmark on my body that I can only see by using a mirror. It is shaped like a bowl (or half moon).
3. The man who very nearly turned out to be my first husband got shot up in Viet Nam, hit by a train, then got diabetes and cancer.
4. I have ridden a horse and a camel but never an elephant.
5. When I was very small, my mother injured her hand at work and showed us the wound and stitches. It freaked me out so bad I didn't like her anymore, and I avoided being near her and her hand until it started looking more normal. (I don't think she noticed, though.)
6. After filching a cool lipstick from my aunt, I felt guilty, so the next time I was in her car I hid it in the back seat, but she didn't find it soon enough and the sun ruined it.
7. I once dropped one of my grandchildren by accident: they slipped right through this shiny blanket material when I thought I had a good hold on them. I never told anyone, but they didn't get hurt anyway, just shook up a little.
8. Several times I have studied the Balderdash cards and memorized as many words as I could. Same with Trivial Pursuit. I just hate to lose.
9. I once got a loan for $60. from a loan company and paid it back in 3 installments of $22.
10. The show Lassie just about made me cry on a daily basis.

Okay, no fair sharing info. Everyone is on his or her own. I really sucked at guessing Chilldaddy's true or false, although I really didn't think it all through. Maybe if I had taken more time....wah. But maybe I can stump a few people with these.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

1. T
2. Don't want to know
3. T
4. F
5. T
6. T
7. F (you'd have confessed)
8. F (but I bet everybody wishes it were true)
9. T
10.T

This was way harder than I thought it'd be. I've listened to you and your siblings swap stories all my life, and NONE of these sound familiar.

VeeFlower said...

Chill daddy did very well, but I am not revealing the actual scores until the other tagged nags play!

shortensweet said...

1. T
2. T
3. T
4. F
5. F
6. T
7. T
8. F
9. T
10.T

That was hard, I better get them all right or I'm going to let Smoothcie rub her butt on your pillow.

VeeFlower said...

Chill got one more right than Shorten'sweet and that is all I am going to say for now. But I am impressed with them for being able to detect the truth and me for being able to lie so convincingly!

Unknown said...

Hey Shorty, why don't you use your telepathy to win like you tried to do in my superhero contest?

(just a tiny gloat from the leader of the pack)

shortensweet said...

Hey chill..how about next time you come to Mom's you get your own damn coffee?
:p

Unknown said...

That's cold, shorty, maybe you should change your screenname to 'shortensour'.

Unknown said...

1. t
2. f
3. t
4. t
5. t
6. t
7. f
8. f
9. t
10. f

--YooBee said...

1. T
2. F
3. F
4. F
5. T
6. T
7. F
8. F
9. T
10.T

--YooBee said...

Funny you didn't mention.....
Once I:
Set the woods on fire

Set my brother on fire

Vomited in a blanket, hid the blanket, discovered that Microbes had removed 99.9% of the vomit, the blanket was placed back into service without washing.

Dropped my brother (no slippery blanket to blame either).

Invented the game where you scrap your inner cheek near the gumline, then quickly smell it.

Squirted bleach from high atop the Montague High School bleachers onto unsuspecting citizens AND your brothers friends.

Campaigned vigorously for Huber H. Humphrey in 1968 but, could never explain why.

Mixed several random substances together in a Mason Jar which was then buried. Dug the jar up several days or weeks later to see what it smelled and looked like.

Took a picture of preemie kittens arranged on a nicely labeled poster card.

Made numerous pizza delivery and wrecker service prank calls through the years.

Caused general alarm and anger by constructing a dummy that was placed in the road.

Got Dad's Binoculars to spy on Hazel Franklin only to see an equally nosey Hazel starring back using her own set.

Mad fun of and/or frightened the mentaly challenged.

--YooBee said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
--YooBee said...

We spoke about this and you admited that it "could have happened"
And the mason jar thing you referred to as "whitches brew" but there was a fermented substance made up of many varied things from the Redding kitchen that were exhumed later for grossness inspection.
I should have mentioned the time you shined a spot of sunlight on a teachers butt until he scratched the area....nobody would have ever suspected you of doing something like that right?
I did post my own memory jogger on my little space so check it out.
Yoobee