Friday, June 02, 2006

Impromptu Play With Much Drama



Thursday turned out to be quite an eventful day. I was awakened to the news that Chill and Trophy had been in a nasty accident. Although they weren't severely injured, they were bruised and sore, especially Trophy, who ended up being put into a neck brace. So after they were treated and released from the hospital, they took me up on my offer to pick up the kids and keep them for the rest of the day. I had already planned to pick up three other grandchildren that day, so the short one and I ended up with all 6 grandchildren. Keeping in mind Bunnyjo's significant other had been in the emergency room the day before with an injured neck due to a hit and run accident, the kids had a chance to connect while giving all the parents some needed time to themselves. To say nothing of the fact I have missed them all and really needed to spend some time with them.Well, after a big dinner together, the kids all went to play in the basement, where I keep as many different amusements as possible. And they decided to put on a play, complete with costumes, a little music, and lots of drama! The basic plot was that Em was bewitching and foiling Haile, Grace, and Chantze, as they attempted to prepare for an attack from formidable enemies. There were many attacks on each other, falling to the ground from terrible injuries, and ganging up on the bad guy (Em). Brooke and I were the audience, while Paige played the part of a poor cold and hungry child. It was very dramatic and fun to watch. I am proud of their efforts, and the fact that they rehearsed and worked out many small details, which allowed them to play it almost all the way throught with hardly any stage whispering! I think some of these pictures show the intensity of the drama.

4 comments:

HUBBYMAN said...

Well, I think it's great! When I was in theater, I had a wonderful time, too. When I was their age, though, my cousins & I didn't put on plays, exactly,... we usually worked up a lip-sync set to some popular music & then played air guitar, drums, keyboards & would sometimes "present" this to the adults (many of whom smiled politely even though they didn't like the music).

Unknown said...

My question is, why is Emily always the lone villian?

Weird.

VeeFlower said...

Chill, I answered your villian question in the comments under the recital post below! Hubbyman, too bad you don't have pictures of those little scenes, that would be something to put on a blog!

bunnyjo georg said...

Grace looks like a put-upon princess in her picture, piqued and perturbed! Emily sure does the villian pose with much gusto. And Paige looked very much the part of a poor, alone, hungry child! Everyone's facade dramatisse was definitely showing!