Saturday, September 30, 2006

Friends That Are Family

Van and Irene's friendship went a long way toward easing the loneliness Mom felt at being so far away from her family. When they came to visit, they got to see all the people and places Mom loved to talk about in Michigan, and that made Mom so happy. I know they will miss Mom as much as we will, but I hope they take comfort in knowing how much their kindness and friendship meant to Mom, and how much they made her last years in Tulsa happier ones. They said they will come back to visit and when they do, I know Mom will be here in spirit joining in with us. Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

shortensweet said...

Van and Irene are very special people. I feel that we are all blessed by having them in our lives. They are at the top of my list :)

rotten dad said...

You dont have a list !

Unknown said...

She's starting one and Van and Irene are at the top of it. I have a list too, but I haven't seen it for a while - I hope my dog didn't eat it.

Jack Calabrase said...

Veeflower, you have a GREAT BLOG, unlike mine and Jerry's. Your BLOG has many, many fine things on it and aim towards the heart. Your Aunt Marie read your BLOG with many thoughts and long ago memories.
You have the GIFT my dear.

VeeFlower said...

Thank you for your kind words Ole Krispy. But don't sell yourself short. We all enjoy your blogs, too, very much so. I think our blogs made Mom really happy, and to to tell you the truth, I wrote them mostly knowing she would read them and they would make her feel good. In a way I guess I am still writing for her in hopes that somehow she know, and also to keep her memory close. I really liked it that you and Gerry remembered her on your blogs.

Jack Calabrase said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jack Calabrase said...

Gerry's a WIMP and a WOOSE. Now that he's all BUG EYED from using his welder he's even WORSE now.

May a CAMEL go doo, doo in his shorts. Oh, I forgot, he doesn't wear shorts, just panties.

Now I see he's picking on poor little FRITZIE, SHEESH!!!

rotten dad said...

Jack you big suck up lol

VeeFlower said...

Don't worry Ole Krispy, the "rat man" better pack a lunch if he's trying to make poor little Fritzie mad. I have been with him 15 years and haven't made him mad yet. And I can be a class A wire-wheeled bitch.