Sunday, September 17, 2006

Val and Chris, Guests of Honor...

What a great party! Val and Chris celebrated birthdays, but it turned out to be a celebration of family when Aunt Marie, Jack, Aunt Mabel and Mark came over and spent a good part of the evening with us. The music was a big hit, it went on for many hours. Mike and Val did some of their famous duets, and Val sang like she hasn't sang in ages. The kids got to sing, but not as much as they would have liked since some of the friends needed to get home early. We had walking tacos, which was kind of an experiment to see how they would work with 30 some people, and it worked out well. Paige hit the sack early, all partied out, and all too soon Ray and Cindy had to leave and take the tired kids home. Val and Aunt Mabel and Mike stayed until the last dog was hung. All in all, one for the books. And I would like to thank all who came and reminded Val how much we care and how valuable she is to this family. A special thanks to Jamie without whose Mexican casserole we wouldn't have had as good or as much food! The phone she gave Val for her birthday will insure that Val will be in the same boat as the rest of us....never out of touch! Wish I could write more but I have people waiting on me at the moment. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The food WAS GOOD! And plentiful! I seriously considered upchucking so I could go back and eat more. But then the stomach acid turns my teeth brown, so... you know, trying to cut back.

VeeFlower said...

Plus we had tanks of leftovers! BTW, the grid option in Picasa made my pictures so much smaller some people were inadventently cut out. SO I may re-publish them later just because I don't like when that happens!