Friday, April 13, 2007

Art Gallery and Open House Fun

Fritz, Grace, and I went to the Grand Haven Area Arts Council to see the student art exhibits on Thursday. Grace's entry was a colorful Picasso style self-portrait that was cut out and folded to be free-standing. Emily's cut out wolf was lined with sparkly glitter glue and posed in a loping gait. We got to see many exciting styles of art, some truly amazing! The girls did a good job on their projects and we were all proud to see them displayed.

Then, Fritz, Laura, Chris, Grace, Emily, and I went to Emily's school Open House later that evening. It was fun!

First we got to see her Power Point computer project. The students each chose an endangered animal and did a computer presentation on their research. Emily chose the Gray Wolf, and I was so impressed with the professional presentation, with all the words capitalized and spelled correctly. We couldn't help but laugh when she used the word "retaliated" instead of "related," as in, "The Gray Wolf is retaliated to the canine family." She spelled it correctly, though, LOL!

The timeline each student made were so interesting! Emily's went something like this: I was born in Muskegon, I had a birthday at Chuck E. Cheese, My mom dropped me on my head, We got a cat named Piten Pat..... Again, we couldn't help but laugh, it was so cute. Then we watched her perform an experiment in which 3 liquids were compared as to mass, had cookies that were the BOMB, and then watched Emily on the computer doing a geography exercise. All in all a fun time. Her teacher, Mr. Dean, was very nice, he even gave me the website for the geography game. I was impressed with the projects the students did and how much they are learning.

2 comments:

HUBBYMAN said...

IT WAS A GREAT TIME & I REALLY ENJOYED BEING ABLE TO GO.

Anonymous said...

Great work.