Wednesday, April 25, 2007

A Shout Out and Chimes

A shout out to Wayne: Get Well Soon! We Love You!

Now for the chimes. Mike and Margie and family got me some pretty sailboat wind chimes for my birthday. Before I had a chance to hang them outside, we had a very windy night, and when I went to bed, I made sure my window was open so I could hear the wind. But what did I hear? Some very LOUD wind chimes coming from the back of the house. So I figure my neighbors have hung out THEIR wind chimes before I had a chance to hear my OWN wind chimes, and that made me mad! Oh yes! I pouted because I was forced to listen to their wind chimes, and I hated the way they sounded because they weren't mine. I was mad at myself for not hanging mine up. And I hated it that my neighbors chimes were so dang LOUD. It really intruded on my ear drums.

But wait...then I remembered I HAD hung some wind chimes up in the back yard last year, but the center thing was broken so they only chimed when the wind blew very hard. So then I got all happy again, and felt silly, because I was mad listening to my own wind chimes when I thought they were the neighbors. And listening to them calmed me down and I went to sleep because they were MINE, MINE, MINE.

Next day I get up, and guess what, I look out the window and see very clearly that there are no wind chimes hanging out in back. Matter of fact, I saw them hanging in my room, where I had brought them to repair but never did get around to it. So my happiness of the night before was based on a false premise and it is unfortunately true that my nabes have hung up some very loud, instrusive wind chimes. Sigh. I just hope my new chimes outchime the neighbor's. In a world fraught with so many critical problems, this problem is really quite petty and miniscule. However, I would like to point out that listening to the wind and my own windchimes was something I look forward to at night because it is so soothing and comforting. According to Feng Shui, it attracts good energy, too. So how do you sleep when the wind blows hard?

2 comments:

HUBBYMAN said...

I DID HEAR YOU CHIMES THAT WERE HUNG UP IN THE BEDROOM. AS THERE WAS NO WIND IN THE ROOM - I TURNED TO SEE HOW THEY WERE CHIMING - AND I SAW A FURRY PAW BATTING AT THEM. THEN WHEN SHE SAW ME LOOKING AT HER, SHE BLINKED HER EYES AT ME & SLOWLY WALKED AWAY FROM THE CHIMES. WHAT A FURBALL!! (BG)

Anonymous said...

Those are the original sounds of the "cat call"
YooBee