Friday, April 13, 2007

Hints from El Gato


Why would the cat stare at a closed window? I'll tell you why: That's HER window, and every day, it is my job to open the blinds so she can see outside. Yes, MY JOB. I work for a cat.
Today I forgot. So all the while I have been working on the computer, the cat has been taking turns staring at me, staring at the blinds, staring at me, staring at the blinds. She even meowed once. Then she pawed at the slats, and when she bent them down with her paw, peeked through the little opening.
So I opened the blinds. She got all excited, looked out the window for all of ten seconds, gave me one last contemptuous glance, hopped off the bed, and strolled out the door. Damn cat.

1 comment:

HUBBYMAN said...

LOL!!! YES WE WORK FOR A CAT! SHE LETS US THINK WE OWN HER - IN REALITY, I CLEAN HER PAN & KEEP HER FOOD & WATER DISHES FULL. I'LL PET HER WHENEVER _SHE'S_ IN THE MOOD. AS VEEFLOWER HAS SAID: DOGS HAVE OWNERS - CATS HAVE STAFF!! (BG)