Saturday, April 28, 2007

Does Anyone Recognize Them?

I try to scan a few old photos every so often to make sure they get preserved. I found this one with four people I don't recognize. It looks like Aunt Zelma on the far left, who sometimes came over when we were at my Grandma Horton's, even though she came from the Squire's on my Dad's side of the family. I don't recognize the boy in her lap. On the far right is a lady and young girl, I don't recognize them, either. The rest of the family of course is Grandma Horton, (who looks so nice in this picture), Mom who is hugging Mike, my sister Laura holding a child I don't recognize with my brother Wayne standing next to her. Also, I am not sure where this was taken, but was wondering if it was at my Grandma's if maybe it wasn't Verna Lamb and a couple of her boys....although that doesn't explain who the girl is.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure about them but I think the small boy is named Toby?
And the little girl may actually be Eric, he always had long hair and was skinny because of his ankle surgeries making normal play difficult. I do think that is A. Zelma but she looks different..maybe its the poor lighting quality. The wicker chairs and us being there could place it at Gramma's house.

Anonymous said...

By the way I couldn't log in so I signed in anonymous
...YooBee

Anonymous said...

This is Vee...since I got the Google account signing in is difficult even for me...I think you are right about Eric. I am pretty sure that is Aunt Z. How do you remember Toby? Was he one of Don and Verna Lamb's boys? And do you know the child Laura is holding? Any guesses? Thanks...

Anonymous said...

Yoob here, I'm not sure why but I do recall playing with a little boy that rarely came over to Grammas house by the name of Toby or something like that. If Laura could be holding Stephanie or even Paul. I think the most amazing thing in the photo is that my knees and face are NOT crusted and black...quite a feet back in those days.

Anonymous said...

Wayne said he thinks the little boy in A. Zema's lap is Johnny Horton.

VeeFlower said...

I think you got something there....I'll bet the littlest girl would be Melanie, or even Monica?