Saturday, August 19, 2006

August Afternoon

What better way to spend an August afternoon. This is Thursday, August 17, Grandpa Fritz's birthday! (He had to go to work, but joined us on the beach for a little while.) Brooke, Molly and Paige loved every wet and sandy moment on the beach, from jumping in the swells to digging a hole to China. Paige wanted to wear the "floatie" bathing suit and told me, "I don't mind a small wedgie. Just a big wedgie I don't like." The suit was just a tad too small, but apparently the small wedgie didn't bother her.
When I tried to go in the water, I went through all the panting and contortions older people do when the cold water creeps higher and higher on the body. The girls watched me curiously, having no problem at all with getting used to the 65 degree water. Paige squinted up at me and informed me, "My daddy said people who are fat don't feel the cold water." I have to admit that laughing did warm me up some! We had a wonderful time, and yes, I finally did go in the water. Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

shortensweet said...

these are really cute pics.

Just wonderin..did the water warm up because you were laughing and gave lake michigan some of your own water?

VeeFlower said...

I just don't know why your mind went south when I posted pictures of the little cuties on a fun day! LOL You need a new hobby, shorten.'

shortensweet said...

AH HA..you didn't answer the question..folks..she peed in the water

Unknown said...

cute pics! i remember brooke peed in the water then said that it was warm.

Unknown said...

cute pics! i remember brooke peed in the water and said it was hot.

VeeFlower said...

See...it wasn't me, it was Brooke! LOL

--YooBee said...

I can tell you.....fat people DO feel the cold water!!....and why did Ray bring that up in the first place?....I think he has one of those latent "hate mom" complexes like the ones that shrinks talk about.

VeeFlower said...

LOL! He may have been talking about himself...he always tells the girls he has a fat belly! I guess what we learn from today's blogging is that fat people feel cold water....until they pee.

Unknown said...

Whoa there yoob, slow down naw boy, that was shortensweet bringing that up. I'm tallenevil.

And man, usually at work, I show off pictures of my kids from my blog, but lately, I find myself using yours more and more.