Thursday, August 31, 2006

It's Only Cold If You're Old....

I cropped out the group of lads who were at the edge of the beach with a boogie board. They were standing there wrapping their arms around themselves as if it were chilly. Well, it might not have been 90 degrees out, and maybe the lake water isn't as warm as it has been, but the girls sure enjoyed swimming in it! I went in to my hips, but didn't want to go further because I didn't have a bathing suit top on. Can't find it! And yes, it was a little chilly for my taste. But even two years ago I would've gone in because it wasn't that bad. Guess the expensively dressed tourists with the brand new boogie board just couldn't handle the reality of nature. They piled in their car and drove away. My guess is they were thinking "BEER." It was a beautiful day on the beach. Not too windy, no biting flies, not at all crowded, and even though the waves were quite small, the girls like to float, and that is something that is hard to do when the waves are big. Hard to believe the hottest days are behind us, and the big lake is cooling off more and more each day. I'm not going to say this is the last day of swimming, but for sure there won't be many more days like this in 2006! Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

VeeFlower said...

Yea! I am so glad to hear you are using your machine. I was hoping, but I know it doesn't do any good to nag. I know I would not want to be strapped into a machine every night. All of you who are using it, I have to give you credit. We want all of you around for as long as possible, and the machine will really help. I think it's great, Grandlar, keep up the good work.

HUBBYMAN said...

AGREED!! I'M STARTING MY PERMANENT STINT WITH THE FACE MASK MACHINE THIS MORNING (8/2/06). I WONDER WHAT SMOOCHIE WILL THINK OF IT. SHE WON'T BE ABLE TO LICK THE END OF MY NOSE NOW IN THE MORNING.