Monday, August 28, 2006

When The Cat's Away!

Okay, this isn't really the kids celebrating their freedom with the good china, fine wine, sparkling stemware and clean, crisp linens. It's the little dinner party we had at Shortensweet's dino-rama. Auntie Em was there, too of course! We had a lovely dinner made by herself. On the menu: Tasty, redolent meat loaf. Au Gratin potatoes. Salad, broccoli, black olives (large and firm), green olives (tender and tangy), buttered dinner biscuits, and for dessert, light fluffy cheesecake with your choice of cherries or strawberries with whipped cream. Chris liked it so much he licked the graham cracker crumbs off his saucer. Ask him about it. I whined until I got seconds on the potatoes. Yes, really. A good time was had by all, and for that we all have our pleasant and generous hostess to thank. Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Tain't seen this kin in a 'hwhile. Zere gon be sum kinda shindig eny time soon?

VeeFlower said...

Oh yes! Get your boogity boogity shoes ready, because Val's birthday is coming up fast and there are plans afoot. No pun intended. The Squire clan didn't get to attend Fritz's birthday due to the head of the household being out of town, so we wanted to spend some quality time with them, too. But the whole clan will be a'gatherin. We just have to figure out a date.

shortensweet said...

It was a nice little partay...I still feel bad for Smootchie though..she made a total dog out of herself, getting drunk and trying to hump everyones leg, and then doing her little turn on the catwalk, on the catwalk, yeah..she shook her little tush on the catwalk.

--YooBee said...

Wow, I go out of town and there are TWO parties...."sniff" guess I'm just not wanted....peoples lives are better without me..."Sob"...I'm crap!

VeeFlower said...

Fess up, Yoob. We KNOW you party over there! Okay, so maybe it's only by yourself in your pathetic little cubicle where no eye will see and no tongue will tell. And maybe it isn't blog-worthy. But how could you begrudge us casual little dinner parties when you are over there swingin with your sugar hips!!!???

--YooBee said...

YOU ARE ALL GOING TO DIE SLOW........PAINFULL..........(did I mention slow aready?) Just in case SLOW, HORRIBLE SICKENING GUT WRENCHING, NERVE JANGLING, HEART POUNDING, HEAD ACHING, BUTT SMELLING, TOOTH ROTTING, CAT PEEING, DOG FARTING, BABY SHITTING, PANTS TIGHTENING, CRACK SPACKELING, TOE JAMMING, NAIL BITING, TOOTH CHATTERING, JAW DROPPING, EYE POPPING, HEADLINING DEMISES.......or I might wait until the next party where I will expect to be appeased OR ELSE!

VeeFlower said...

I'm not scared. You didn't say spine-cracking, or tongue splitting. Anyway, Yoob, get a grip on...have a shot of....MIKE'S! Or 2 or 3 or even 4!!!

--YooBee said...

D'OH!.....and those are a couple of my favorites too.....I was tired.

VeeFlower said...

Hmm...I never got a call inviting me to a certain little fire with chili, now did I. Guess I am crap too. And while we are at it, guess Shortensweet is crap too since she didn't get an invite. Hmmm. Wonder why. Guess the new gossip we have will just have to wither on the vine.