Friday, August 04, 2006

Favorite Pictures Category


This picture is just so adorable. It was taken April 1971 according to the date on it. I used to bathe Laura in the bathroom sink, because as you can see, she fit just right! And you can also see why my doctor asked me who the Indian was in our family! We lived in a duplex about 3 blocks from downtown Whitehall. There was no shower, only a tub that was very low to the floor. I don't remember much about the kitchen sink, but I am willing to bet it usually had dishes in it as there was little or no counter space. Anyway, we lived there about a year, Laura learned to walk at 6-7 months old, partly due to Ray's mentoring. She looks pretty smart for a 5 month old....that look of concentration, figuring out what is going on. And hmmm....I didn't notice it then, but there are definitely some cheeks on that little face, sorta like the ones Em had when she was born. Always wondered where she got those from!

10 comments:

shortensweet said...

What a cute kid..I would have loved to see her smile..the brat

Unknown said...

Bah, less Laura more me. C'mon, make with the pics people really want to see.

--YooBee said...

I remember getting Sink baths in the Lakewood house.

VeeFlower said...

Hey Yoob I remember us all piling into the tub together. Guess you got special treatment AS USUAL being the eensy weensy widdo baby. LOL! On another note, either Bunnyjo doesn't read my blog or doesn't find the content worthy of comment. Do you suppose she only visits and comments on intellectual sites? Whaddya think?

Unknown said...

It just occurred to me that it couldn't be April 1971 unless its a picture of me. Laura wasn't born until December of 71.

Chilldaddy's a smurt tedective.

VeeFlower said...

Chill, you are right about the date. She is approx. five months old, and it would be about April, but it would have to be 72. Even enlarged, you can't read the small print on the side. Thank you for correcting my error. Good detective work. Now get back to your blog, and put something new on it!

bunnyjo georg said...

Ahem! It's like I walked into the room when you were all talking about me. I hope you feel the buuuuuuuurning shame of it! ;)

Actually, I have only enough time to look quickly but rarely a moment to comment. Sorry about that. But, I must say...with this entry, it has raised the calibre of your blog considerably....definitely Laura-worthy now!

And I must say, I sure do look cute when I concentrate!

--YooBee said...

I think "V" is taking pics of other peoples kids naked.....now that aint right!

bunnyjo georg said...

Yeah, rather sick, I must say!

Oh, wait....that IS me!

VeeFlower said...

Finally Bunnyjo sees herself on the blog...but wait all of you...I have MANY pictures and you never know who will be next!