Monday, August 14, 2006

A Day To Remember

Today is August 13, Kady Rene Veen's date of birth. She has been on my mind a lot lately as the month of her birth approached and I didn't want the day to pass without saying a few things about her. First of all, I will never stop being sad about the fact that when our family gathers, a dear little one isn't there to enjoy the things we are enjoying. It's only for a moment, because I know she is in heaven, and I do believe babies like Kady are angels that can see and hear us even though we can't see and hear them. So I know, in a way, she is with us always. And I believe she knows how much we love her and miss her and think of her. And I also want to say I am grateful for her even though her life was brief, because I think she changed my life in a very significant way. Because I loved her before she was born, and looked forward so much to being her grandmother, the fact that she was here such a brief time made me the kind of grandmother that treasures each and every moment with the grandchildren that were born in later years. It made me appreciate the fact that all of our lives, and children especially, are a precious gift. And it made me so much more appreciative of the fact that there is a loving God, who will dry our tears and fill our hearts with joy when we gather together with those dear ones who went before us to their heavenly home. I don't know why Kady was called home after being with us such a short time. But I do believe that God loves us very much, even more than we love Kady, and that just as we didn't want to think of her suffering, God doesn't want us to suffer. So I know and just have faith that someday we will know and the answer will replace the pain with unimaginable joy. Until then, I know she has a piece of my heart that will always love and remember her. And I will never stop being glad she was part of our lives, even if only for the months we looked forward to her being her and the week she was here. And last, I can't help but feel she is looking on with loving encouragement as those of us, her family, go about our daily walk of life. It makes me want to be a better person. Kady, I know I speak for all who knew you when I say we love and miss you.

5 comments:

--YooBee said...

Thank you for the kind words that I feel spoke for us all. I think of her often, even though she was spared the trials of daily life and is in a wonderful place I can't help but wonder what her little spirit would have been. It is bittersweet indeed but God knows what is best and perhaps you are right, it set the stage for those that were born after her...I look forward to meeting her someday

shortensweet said...

verklempt

Kady has a special place in my heart too. I often think if she was the bigger sister if she could make it so Grace and Ems don't fight.

bunnyjo georg said...

It's hard to say what is in my heart. I miss Kady every day and often wonder too what she would have been like, what our life would have been like had she not died. Every year that passes I wish there was some way I could express my love for her and remember her in some tangible way. It comforts me, though, to know that she is remembered by more than just me and more than that, loved by her family.

VeeFlower said...

I am glad we were all able to express some of our thoughts about Kady, because she really does play a role in our lives every day. No matter how glad I am she didn't suffer years of surgery and ill health, it is only human nature to wish she would have been born with no heart defect at all. This is where you really have to dig deep and find the faith that tells you it was no mistake, no mean whim of God, but a gift to us if only we can find our faith. A vision I had as a young divorced mother showed me that no matter what happens...NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS...God is there and it will turn out for the good of us all, and we will rejoice. Sometimes in your pain it is hard to hold onto that, yet there have been times that is all I had to hang onto. Meanwhile, no matter how many years pass, Kady will never be forgotten because we love her and she will always be a part of our family.

HUBBYMAN said...

I, TOO, THINK OF HER OFTEN. WELL SAID. VEE.