Sunday, August 20, 2006

One Mouse Down

One mouse is dead. How do I know? Because when Fritz stood at the top of the basement stairs to throw some laundry down to me, and I bent over to pick it up, my face came within a foot of the mouse-killing trap thingy which was lying on the floor where it should not have been! We are not sure if the dying mouse dragged it there or Smoochy did, but needless to say, I screamed and quivered at having come so close to the grey horror. I really hate to see mice, dead or alive. Both of them make my hair stand on end.

Oh, when I updated and published the pictures of the day at the beach, I also put another favorite picture which is just beneath it so don't forget to scroll down. And don't forget to click on the pictures to enlarge. Thanks for checking in.

5 comments:

--YooBee said...

I heard that if you impale the mouse and display it along the way they travel to get food it works as a deterent. You make a little impaling stand out of toothpicks (make it a craft project with the kids!) You could even put some food in its jaws so that the other mice will get the idea.....just a thought.

VeeFlower said...

LOL! How medieval! But what else could I expect from a vampire worshiper?

--YooBee said...

Worshiper?....not likely...I am just one of the few that realize the "Utility" of having a Vampire around. Sure you run the risk being turned into the walking dead for eternity as a slave to the undead but, only if you fail to provide adequate nutrition and care for your vampire...You gotta admit...they all have perfect hair and tight bodies that never tire or sag. There will be no emotional pricetag either. A nice dark box, some occasional feeding (rodents or wifebeaters work well for this as neither will be missed) and you have a real asset in the attic!

VeeFlower said...

Okay, so I thought about Brad Pitt as a vampire...hubba hubba! But when he chewed that rat and blood ran down his chin...the thrill was gone. Sorry, Yoob, can't see it.

--YooBee said...

They dine at night...you don't have to.