Sunday, August 27, 2006

Now Everybody, Say Cheese!

In digging through my ginormous files of pictures, I found this treasure. Check out the facial expressions! This picture just makes me want to bust a gut laughing. I don't know why everyone looked so ornery in this shot. This was one of many pictures taken that day by a photographer who lived downstairs. I painted the sign for his business and he agreed to take some family pictures in turn. It was a hot day and we had been in the sun for awhile so I am guessing this was the problem. If any of you in this photo remember it differently, don't hesitate to correct me. I am glad I have some photos of us actually smiling and looking happy that day, because this one was definitely not the best shot! Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

shortensweet said...

I think I remember. We had been taking pictures for HOURS. It was summer, we were hot and some dork was flirting with our Mom all day.

Plus, we all had really dorky outfits on.

Unknown said...

This is a good one for a caption contest. I'll go first.

'Loving mother puts her children on the school bus on the first day of school.'

VeeFlower said...

LOL! I don't specifically remember this, but I bet there was some whining, too...Let's Go! OH NO, how many more?! EUUUU...we're hot...we're tired...wah! Poor babies. Mean mom. It was summer and I bet the clothes were last year's school clothes and you hated wearing them. Can't say as I blame you...I hated my outfit, too, probably the only dressy top I had. Even though I am smiling, inside I am sure I was as bored and impatient as you all were. But I really did want a family portrait.

shortensweet said...

Ya know..we should do a new one. Our family has gotten so large, but I'd love one.

--YooBee said...

I think when you said "Say Cheeze" they thought about welfare cheese and what it does to the digestive tract, plus you made them wear dorky matching outfits.

VeeFlower said...

Here's my caption: "And just think kids, after I am done with the 50th shot today, you are going to be allowed to keep the clothes you are modeling as payment for all your patience and cooperation!"