Thursday, August 03, 2006

Bubbles and Giggles



The weather has cooled somewhat, but the beach is still the place to be! So after dinner (which Brooke laughed all the way through!?) the twins and I went swimming and it was great. The waves were reasonably nice, the water warm (after you got all the way in it) and not much wind. We all three got into floatie rings and let the waves bounce us to shore. Paige went first, then me in the middle holding onto her foot, and Brooke holding onto my legs, all of us laughing like crazy. The Paige got cold so I wrapped her up in several wraps and held her on my lap onshore while Brooke paddled and splashed to her heart's content a few feet away in the shallows. "Grandma," Paige said seriously. "Do you remember Mrs. Campbell?" "Not one from your school," I answered. Paige informed me, "Her name is Campbell, but she doesn't camp, and she doesn't ring a bell."

When we got home they got a bath and shampoo. Then I put them in clean tee shirts (they are art shirts, beach shirts, or nighties, depending on what we need at the time.) They loved the bath and were so cheerful and sparkling I couldn't resist taking a picture or two. They are going to get their pictures taken Saturday for posters that will be displayed at the hospital. But I really should let their folks blog about that, and hopefully post some pictures after they are taken. Now the girls are sleeping and I better, too. OH, have you all wished Chill and Troph Happy Anniversary yet?! Check out their blogs if you haven't already.

2 comments:

shortensweet said...

I love the top picture..it's sooo cute..little muffins

Unknown said...

I love when they're non-stop silly. Sorry they stayed up so late, but I guess you didn't realize that baths have the same effect on them that catnip has on cats.

All in all, I gotta say, it was a little weird checking your blog at work and seeing what my children had been doing since I'd last seen them.