Thursday, August 31, 2006

And finally, the CPAP

The gentleman from Airway Oxygen is demonstrating how to adjust the face mask that will provide Fritz with what we hope will be a much better sleeping experience. A couple years ago, Fritz had surgery to correct soft tissue problems in his throat, but unfortunately that didn't do the job well enough to prevent snoring and sleep apnea. This machine will keep his airway open, help prevent snoring and sleep apnea, and hopefully, provide him with a much sounder and deeper sleep. One of the things I didn't know about sleep apnea is that it is very hard on your heart. It can give you headaches and a whole host of health problems. So Fritz really needs to stick with this treatment until he gets so used to it he won't be able to sleep without it. He is willing to give a real good try. I'll keep you posted! Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

HUBBYMAN said...

THE BIPAP IS A QUIET MACHINE. THE FIRST NIGHT, I WORE IT UNTIL THE SECOND TIME I GOT TO GO TO THE BATHROOM, THEN HALF ASLEEP, I COULDN'T GET THE STRAP CLICKED INTO PLACE & GAVE UP IN FRUSTRATION. THEN THE SECOND NIGHT (REALLY SUNDAY MORNING) I SLEPT WITH IT WITH IT THE WHOLE TIME. ONCE I GET USED TO THE STRAP CLICKING THINGY - I'LL BE ABLE TO PUT IT ON FASTER & WITH LESS HASSLE. THE NEXT CHALLENGE WILL COME NEXT WEEKEND FOR THE WEEKLY CLEANING. THE DESCRIPTION THE GUY GAVE MAKES IT SOUND LIKE IT WILL TAKE SOME SERIOUS TIME IN PROPERLY CLEANING & STERILIZING & THEN LETTING EVERYTHING AIR DRY & THEN PUTTING IT ALL BACK TOGETHER AGAIN. I WILL LEARN.

VeeFlower said...

I am very proud of him for sticking with it, even though the last thing in the world he wanted to do was to put a thingy on his face when he went to bed. What I hope for the most is that his quality of life will drastically improve!